At Spidergap, we’re starting to expand our customer support and success team.
This is a rare opportunity to join a very small, profitable and growing company that’s achieving great things while supporting a healthy work-life balance.
We aim to make it easy for companies of all sizes to support the personal development of their employees. We do this by providing the tools and services that help the employees to prioritize, plan and take action on their development.
We’ve been the top-rated tool in the 360° Feedback market for the last 3 years, used in 134+ countries by thousands of organizations (inc. Autodesk, Britvic, Fitness First, Médecins Sans Frontières, New Look, and Pandora) to nurture and develop their employees.
We're looking for talented people to help us make those companies even more successful. You’ll be helping customers to identify whether Spidergap is the right tool for them, and how to use it to get the best results.
If you’re passionate about personal development and helping Human Resources (HR) and Learning and Development (L&D) teams to develop their staff, and would like to work in a fast-growing software business, then read on…
At Spidergap, we're fueled by the passion and exceptional talent of a successful start-up. We're hungry to amaze our customers and grow the business. But we're also focused on the quality-of-life of our team, and as a profitable company (without outside investment!) we're able to support a very healthy work-life balance.
We're looking for people who fit our values:
Focus on impact:
We know our growth is dependent on increasing the value we deliver to customers. We focus our energy on improvements that will make a real difference, with a desired outcome made clear up-front. We expect everyone to understand why they are working on a particular activity or objective, being clear on how it will benefit the business and our customers.
Be proactive and dependable:
Everyone can solve problems and remove barriers to growth — both personally and for the company. We are quick to raise issues and ideas, and to recommend next steps. We make it easier for others to feel they can depend on us by being proactive in our communication and action.
Pay attention to detail:
We believe the quality of everything we do is a competitive advantage. We expect high attention-to-detail, whether it's in how we write an email, review our analytics, or design the site. We delight in getting the details right, even in internal documents. High attention to detail isn’t something you turn on and off — it’s an attitude.
Always look to improve:
We survive and grow by constantly looking for opportunities to improve our solutions, our processes and ourselves. We own our mistakes, using them as an opportunity to learn what changes we should make to processes and tools. We expect our people to proactively look for opportunities to develop and improve our own performance.
Enjoy the journey:
We consider our health and families to be more important than work. We ensure no-one feels that they are frequently required to work excessive hours. We support each other in overcoming problems and achieving work and life goals. We’re positive and enthusiastic — helping everyone feel energized to take us to the next level. We don’t pin our happiness on the attainment of a particular end goal - we delight in every step along the way.
About the role
A Customer Success Representative at Spidergap delivers outstanding service to customers (and potential customers), by asking questions to understand the customer’s needs and then helping them to identify how to use Spidergap to solve their problems.
Your passion for helping others and attention to detail will help us to amaze our customers, and to grow our business in a robust and sustainable way.
What’s involved in this position?
Demonstration and setup calls
Potential customers will book 'demo’ calls with you to learn more about Spidergap and whether we’re the right fit for them. Before your first call, you’ll be trained and coached on how to run great demonstrations calls, and given access to an extensive library of help articles to help you answer the most common questions we get asked.
For these calls, you’ll need to be enthusiastic, genuinely interested in how organizations are developing their employees, and enjoy talking to managers, directors, and consultants over the phone.
You’ll respond via email and in-app messenger to questions from our users about how to use Spidergap. You’ll take advantage of our extensive help articles, saved responses, and training on the tool to help customers solve problems quickly.
To provide great support, you’ll need excellent level of written English, have a passion for attention to detail, and enjoy seeing customers thank you for quick answers to their questions.
Proactive support (“Customer Success”)
Once comfortable with calls and support, you'll start reviewing and proactively reaching out to our existing customers (e.g. New Look, Fitness First, European Commission, Canva, Sony, and many more) to ensure their projects are a success.
You’ll work closely with the co-founders to understand how everything works in the business, how we currently amaze our customers and partners, and where we see opportunities to improve the value our customers get.
You’ll help to optimize our processes, develop training content, and get feedback from our partners and customers from around the world to help us improve our product and services.
After building your knowledge and experience of how organizations use Spidergap, you’ll be coached so you can support our largest customers, who are running employee development projects around the globe with thousands of people.
Is this role right for you?
If you answer ‘Yes’ to all the below, this role is perfect for you!
- Are you passionate about personal development?
- Would you enjoy helping Human Resources (HR) and Learning and Development (L&D) teams to develop their staff?
- Would you like to work in a fast-growing software business?
- Are you interested in working at the cutting edge of how organizations grow their talent?
- Do you find it easy to communicate in verbal & written English, in a clear and friendly way?
- Do you like talking to people on the phone?
- Are you keen to work remotely?
- Do you enjoy asking questions to learn about an organization’s challenges?
- Do you believe attention to detail is important?
- Do you consider yourself passionate and driven, both about work, and about life outside work?
- Do you love 'going the extra mile' to deliver outstanding customer service?
- Do you practice regular self-improvement / personal development?
- Do you love technology and figuring out how things work (and helping others to do the same)?
- Do you live in a timezone between -5 UTC (e.g. East Coast USA) and +6 UTC (e.g. Bangladesh)?
- Are you looking to work full-time (35-40 hours per week)?
£15,000 - £35,000 ($20,000 - $45,000 USD) depending on skills, experience and location-based costs.
Benefits of working at Spidergap
- Work remotely. As long as your internet connection is excellent and you’re able to collaborate when needed, you’re free to work from any location you wish
- Flexible working. You’ll need some set hours in which to collaborate with the team, but we’ll do our best to be flexible so you can support your family and hobbies!
- Annual meet-up - somewhere fun (previous one was in Iceland!)
- 40 days paid vacation inclusive of public holidays
- 4 months paid maternity/paternity leave
- Gym membership contribution
- Bring your own device (BYOD) contribution
- Profit-share bonus
- Pension contribution