We’ve recently launched our new Remote Worker Well-being assessment to help organizations to:
- Find out how remote employees are coping
- Give managers the feedback and guidance they need to support employees
- Pinpoint where leadership and HR support can make the biggest impact
Before you start, you’ll need a Spidergap account. Sign up here — your first assessment will be free!
1. Create your project
This easy — simply select to use it when creating your project:
The project will be set up for you with the Remote Worker Well-being questionnaire, email templates and feedback report.
You can review these in the Design section of your report, and can make tweaks to the questionnaire design if needed.
For the email templates:
- You can ignore the “Choose providers” and “Approve providers” email templates. These are more useful for 360° Feedback assessments and will not be used here
- We recommend adding a deadline date to “Request feedback”.
You can download a sample report here.
2. Upload the details of participants
To upload the participant details and send invitations requesting feedback:
- Click Feedback on the left to open the Feedback section
- Click Add people
- Click Download template (Excel)
- Fill in the template:
- The “Person to assess” should be the name of the manager
- Some of the settings are specific for 360° Feedback, and are not relevant for this assessment: Set “Invite to submit a self-assessment” and “Invite to choose own feedback providers” to “No”
- Add the manager’s direct reports to the “Feedback providers (optional)” worksheet
5. Go back to the website and click Upload spreadsheet
6. Review and send the invitations!
3. Collect feedback
Participants will now receive an email and can provide their feedback.
If needed, you can send reminders.
4. Share feedback reports and guidance with managers
Once feedback has been collected, you can share the feedback reports!
- Open the Results page for your project
- Click the Share reports... button
- Choose to share the feedback reports with the People who have been assessed
- Preview the emails that will be sent
- Send out the reports!
The default email template for sharing reports contains a link to this help article with guidance. You can update the email template if needed on the Design > Email templates page.
5. Review trends across the organization, pinpoint where support is needed, and create a plan
You can now use the group results to:
- Identify which specific areas need most attention
- Identify teams or departments that need more support (— or any other group of individuals or teams, based on demographic data you can provide to us)
- Identify teams that are managing well and could support others
Start by identifying issues and opportunities to improve.
You can then review existing best practices and resources you can use, and create an action plan to help!
To support this review, we highly recommend arranging a call with the Spidergap team. Our experts can help you to dig into your data, identify issues and opportunities, and recommend best practices to help.
6. Consider repeating the exercise 2–4 weeks later
If your organization and employees have recently adopted remote working, a lot can change in 2 weeks. So, consider running the assessment again in 2–4 weeks time!