This is a great question, and one we figured that some of the big generic survey tools must have already answered.
So we did some Googling, and found... a lot of disagreement!
- SurveyMonkey says the best day to send invitations is Monday
- CheckMarket also says Monday
- But TypeForm says Tuesday to Thursday!
To settle this, we took a deep dive into our data.
We reviewed almost half a million feedback requests, and found:
- The best days are Tuesdays, Thursday or Fridays
- Avoid the weekends - Saturday was the worst day, followed by Sunday
- Mondays also get a lower response rate - around 75% compared to over 80% on Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays.
The best day to send out invitations for your project may well be different. You'll
also want to consider:
- Are there any reasons that a lot of people might be off work or unable to check email? (e.g. because of holidays or training)
- Are there any other announcements, deadlines, or other distractions that could make this a bad day to send out the invitations?
Of course, the day that you send the original invitation is only one factor in getting a high response rate.
To get the best response rate for your project, check out our guide: How to get a 99% response rate