We've made setting up and managing a 360° Feedback project quick and easy.
In the next 30 minutes, you will be able to:
- Sign up for your free account
- Create your first project
- Review the feedback questionnaire and report design
- Send out invitations to collect feedback
- Fill in your self-assessment (if you're assessing yourself!)
- Review your feedback report
Let's get started!
1. Sign up for your free account
When you sign up, we give you your first assessment free. This means you can run an assessment, with no time limits, no restrictions on features or support, and no limits on feedback providers.
So, if you haven't already...
2. Create your first project
We group your 360° Feedback assessments into projects.
Each project can have its own feedback questionnaire, settings and deadlines. You can create as many as you like.
At this point, all you need to do is click the big green button and give your first project a name!
Once created, you'll see that your project is split into 4 sections:
- Design: Here you can customize the feedback questionnaire, email templates and reports
- Feedback: Once you're ready to collect feedback, you'll head here
- Results: Self-explanatory!
- Settings: You can add team members to your project to help you set it up and manage it. You can also add your logo here.
3. Review the feedback questionnaire and report design
The first thing we want to do is review the feedback questionnaire design.
When you create a new project, we set it up with our best-practice template. This is a great starting point and works well for many organizations.
For your first trial of Spidergap, we recommend leaving the questionnaire as it is. But it's worth having a quick look at the questionnaire designer so you know what's possible.
- Open the Design section (if you haven't already) using the Design button on the left-hand side
- Click Edit questionnaire
- Click on one of the questions and you will see that you can edit it. Then click Cancel.
- Try dragging the Add question button into your questionnaire. That's how easy it is to add a new question! Then click Cancel.
The short video below shows the designer in action.
Once you've collected some feedback using our standard template, you'll be able to review if and how the questionnaire needs to be tweaked to work better for your organization.
In the design section you can also review the Email templates and Feedback report. Again, at this point I suggest leaving the settings as they are — you can come back and customize them later if needed.
4. Send out invitations to collect feedback
You're now ready to collect some feedback!
- Click Feedback on the left hand side
- Then click the green Add people button
You will now see that you can either add people using our Excel template, or through the website. We generally recommend using the Excel template as it's quicker to prepare and check participant details.
You'll be asked to provide the name and email address of each person being assessed. For your first trial, we recommend collecting feedback about yourself so you can see how the whole process feels for a participant.
You'll then need to decide whether you will choose the feedback providers or whether the person being assessed will choose their own. If you're just assessing a few people, then it's probably quicker for you — the administrator — to choose who will provide feedback. When you scale up then it's easier to ask people to choose their own feedback providers.
If you get stuck, the short video below shows the whole process of sending out invitations - both in the website and via the Excel template.
Once you've added the details of the participants, you can send out the invitations!
5. Provide some feedback
Now you've sent out the invitations, the people providing feedback will have received an email with a link to click on.
They simply need to click the link and provide their feedback. No login is required!
If this is your first project, make sure that you're one of the participants so you can try out this step and quickly move onto reviewing a feedback report.
6. Review your feedback report
As soon as any responses have been submitted, the feedback reports will be available for you - as the project administrator — to download and review.
To download the report:
- Login and open your project
- Click Results on the left-hand side
- You'll see the individual feedback reports listed. Click the Download report button next to the one you want to review.
And that's it — you've now set up your first project, collected some feedback and reviewed your feedback report!
You might now want to:
- Send reminders and collect more feedback
- Review the group results
- Get management buy-in for your project
If you have any questions, then get in touch.