360° Feedback is a great tool for supporting the development of employees and leaders.
However, we sometimes see one or more issues with the rollout of 360° Feedback disrupting the entire process. This leads to wasted effort, disengaged employees and frustrated leaders.
This guide will walk you through the 5 key stages for a successful 360° Feedback rollout and how to avoid the most common mistakes.
The 5 key stages for a successful 360 rollout
The 5 key stages for a successful 360° Feedback project are:
It looks easy, but we see common mistakes made at each stage.
Fortunately, we’re here to help!
Common mistakes at each of the 5 stages, and how to overcome them
For each of the 5 stages, we’ve identified the common mistakes and how to overcome them. You’ll also find useful resources to help you along the way.
Stage 1: Get started
- How to demonstrate the impact of your 360° Feedback project to senior stakeholders. This help article includes our suggested metrics to use as “measures of success”
- How to add team members to your Organization in Spidergap
- Encourage your implementation team to schedule a demo call with us as early as possible
- Guidance for your IT team to avoid technical issues
Stage 2: Design the process
- How to define core values that mean something for your organization (Harvard Business Review)
- How to customize your 360° Feedback questionnaire in Spidergap to match your values
- How to avoid rater fatigue
- How to design a questionnaire that gets useful feedback
- Arrange a project setup review call with our experts
Stage 3: Collect feedback
- How to communicate 360° feedback to your organization
- Guidance for participants that can be shared by your implementation team
- How to get a 99% response rate
Stage 4: Use the feedback
- Guidance for employees: How to review your 360° Feedback report
- Guidance for managers: How to support a 360° Feedback review and coaching session
- Example guide for employees: How to use weekly 1-2-1s with your manager
Stage 5: Review & Iterate
- Run a post-project Impact Survey with your participants
- How to demonstrate the impact of your 360° Feedback project to senior stakeholders
Would you like more help?
As part of your 360° Feedback project in Spidergap, we recommend working with us to:
- Get a demonstration and plan your project
- Let our experts review your project set-up and share best practices
- Review your project and plan future improvements